Where capital is no longer a barrier to success in central California.
To eliminate economic barriers to financial success through fair and equitable community investment.
Serving Central California
Since 2008, we’ve helped business owners throughout Central California achieve their dreams. Whether you’re starting a business in Fresno County, expanding in Inyo County, or franchising throughout the Central Valley, we can provide the funding and business expertise that you need.
Our goal here at Access Plus Capital is for you and your business to succeed. We know that starting a business or growing an existing one is a risky step, but we strongly believe that taking that step is an essential part of any business’s life cycle. Here at Access Plus Capital, we help assist with the biggest part – funding. Getting a loan for your business has never been easier! But don’t take our word for it — listen to the stories of some of the business owners we’ve helped.
EARNS TRUST THROUGH ACTIONS.
- We demonstrate trustworthiness as employees through: Clarity in communication, transparency with the clients, advocate for the clients, acting with consistency, adhering to standards of services for all clients.
- We demonstrate trustworthiness as an organization by being transparent about our goals and how we meet or don’t meet them.
- We demonstrate trustworthiness in the community by making commitments and honoring them.
CONFRONTS RACISM AND CORRECTS INEQUITIES IN FINANCIAL SYSTEMS
- We demonstrate anti-racism as employees by creating safe spaces for one another to challenge our assumptions and others assumptions.
- We demonstrate anti-racism as an organization by directing resources to create equitable access to our services.
- We demonstrate anti-racism in the community by prioritizing areas and populations that have been historically and intentionally disinvested from.
RECOGNIZES UNTAPPED POTENTIAL WHERE OTHERS SEE RISK
- We demonstrate opportunity as employees by taking risks and learning from failures.
- We demonstrate opportunity as an organization by evaluating our risk appetite.
- We demonstrate opportunity in the community by partnering with people who others overlook.
EVERY DREAM IS DIFFERENT
UNDERSTANDS AND CONSIDERS THE NEEDS OF THE CLIENT FIRST
- We demonstrate “every dream is different” as employees by training our employees to value and listen to the clients (ie. Trauma informed approaches, DEI, and IDI)
- We demonstrate “every dream is different” as an organization by investing in every business believing it will be a success.
- We demonstrate “every dream is different” in the community by sharing successes and uplifting the stories of the community.
IT TAKES A VILLAGE
- We demonstrate “it takes a village” as employees by recognizing each person’s value, building positive & genuine relationships, and actively participating to see others succeed.
- We demonstrate “it takes a village” as an organization by forming long term cooperative relationships—creating and maximizing environments to tackle systemic inequity in the financial system.
- We demonstrate “it takes a village” in the community by acknowledging that we cannot do this without the community.
To find Access Plus Capital career opportunities, go to the above link and under the ‘Select Division’ drop down check Community Development Financial Institution for our openings.
Over the past years, Access Plus Capital has acquired funds from a variety of sources and has used these funds to empower local residents and business people.
Fresno EOC began serving refugees with micro-loans up to $15,000.
Fresno EOC introduced Individual Development (IDAs)
Fresno EOC created the Fresno Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) to provide lending services to low and moderate-income communities.
In March, the Fresno CDFI was certified by the federal CDFI fund.
In July, Fresno CDFI received its first CDFI award from the fund.
Fresno CDFI joined the State of California CalCAP program. This program provides matching funds into a loan loss reserve which enables us to assist more entrepreneurs who want to start businesses.
Fresno CDFI lent over $720,000 in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funds across 19 loans, resulting in the creation and retention of 317 jobs.
Fresno CDFI became a Small Business Administration (SBA) intermediary microlender.
Fresno CDFI became a SBA Community Advantage 7a Lender
Fresno CDFI rebranded as Access Plus Capital
Access Plus Capital becomes a Preferred Lender by the U.S. Small Business Administration
Access Plus Capital opens its South Valley Office in Bakersfield in partnership with Self Help Federal Credit Union.
Opens North Valley office in Modesto in partnership with Opportunity Stanislaus
2019 – 2023
2021: Launch of innovative nano loan product
2023: APC transitions from Fresno EOC to become an independent mission-based lender
2023: APC Purchases the Historic Physician’s Building