Body del Sol Medical Spa is an unlikely success story of a company started at the depths of the recession in 2009. What was the secret to its success and growth over the past 4 years? ‘Determination’ says owner Ayde Mendibles, ‘it was tough and there were plenty of setbacks along the way, but I found that persistence and hard work really does pay off.’ Prior to starting the business, Mendibles explored day and medical spas throughout the western United States. She selected the best practices from her exploration and brought it to Fresno. Now her clients can receive everything from eyelash extensions, spray tanning, weight loss, CoolSculpting, chemical peels, HydraFacials, medical grade microdermabrasions, facials, massages, laser hair removal, and hair/nail services all under one roof.
The company has a unique niche in the day spa industry, being the first ‘green spa’ in the Central Valley. Here are just some of the measures she takes to keep the spa environmentally friendly:
- Proud member of the Green Spa Network
- Organic products – skin care, nail care & hair care.
- Medical product lines use recycled packaging
- We recycle all of our recyclable product containers
- All of paper and plastic products are made from recycled products – Menus, business cards, flyers, envelopes, file folders, paper towels, toilet paper, paper plates, plastic cups and trash receptacle liners
- We used zero VOC (Volatile Organic Chemicals) Eco friendly paint in every room and in our lobby mural
- Replaced all lighting with energy efficient ballasts and fluorescent tubes
- All appliances are High Efficient Energy Star rated
- Our linens, wraps and robes are either organic or recycled cotton
- All health & beauty services under one roof, so you don’t have to drive around place to place wasting gas!
Owner’s Tips: Marketing and networking is the key. You may work hard and finally open your business but you need to tell people what you are and where you are! Everybody knows somebody and you have to get out there and use all your resources and look for new resources along the way. This is a constant practice! Once you stop or take a break, people get busy and forget, but if you are constantly reminding them what you do, what you offer and you can offer them the best service and the best value than anyone else out there – then they will come, they will return and they will refer!