Director – Access Plus Capital
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Responsible for the supervision and day-to-day management of Access Plus Capital
The Director of Access Plus Capital reports to the Chief Executive Officer of Access Plus Capital and is responsible for the company’s day-to-day operating activities, including supervising Credit, Underwriting, Data Processing, Portfolio Management and Business Development team and to sustain and grow the company.
Assist in the fulfillment of the agency’s vision by empowering individuals who thrive as healthy, self-sufficient and contributing members of our communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Supervise Credit/Processing, Business Development, and Portfolio Management departments, overseeing development of goals and measurement of key performance indicators.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to increase efficiency and effectiveness of agency operations.
- Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidelines within the banking/Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) industry to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and organizations.
- Develop, establish, and direct execution of operating policies and procedures to support overall company policies and objectives.
- Direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals.
- Advise the CEO on the Board Agenda items.
- Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals.
- Review, monitor and evaluate internal financial management and budget controls of program expenditures.
- Establish the performance goals, allocate resources, and assess policies for senior management.
- Demonstrate successful execution of business strategies for company products and services.
- Direct and participate in acquisition of growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans.
- Manage portfolio review and collections activities.
- Manage loan write-offs and troubled assets including repossession and liquidation of collateral as well as working with agency attorneys on legal actions required for loan recovery.
- Manage the agency’s information technology implementation, administering various lender portals and IT vendor contracts.
- Participate in capital market development, including participation in workshops, bank meetings, analyst meetings, etc.
- Represent the program before funding source Boards and committees.
- Participate in the Fresno EOC Directors meeting.
- Attend Business related conferences and seminars on behalf of the CEO.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate program staff. Assures a safe, productive, organized, respectful, and instructive work/service environment.
- Travels for agency business using personal vehicle.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To execute this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field required. Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience, with three (3) in senior level position, in a bank, credit union or some other financial institution.
- At least three (3) years’ experience of budgeting, business development and strategic development.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in understanding Small Business’ Financial Statements.
- At least three (3) years’ experience with managing lending operations including business development, underwriting, loan processing, and/or portfolio management.
- Experience and working knowledge of Small Business Administration (SBA) programs including SBA Micro, 7a, and/or 504.
- Complete understanding of a Business’ Balance Sheet, Income and Cash Flow Statements.
- Knowledge of the operations of a Mission-Driven Financial Institution (CDFI) i preferred.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Must possess strong writing skills and must be highly motivated.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Maintain a valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation and adequate auto insurance as required by State law.
- Prior to employment must pass a criminal background investigation and credit history check. Maintain criminal clearance and acceptable credit history.
PROGRAM/DEPT.: CDFI – Access Plus Capital
BENEFITS: Excellent Group Health Insurance, 13 Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Pension Plan, 403 (b) Plan
KEYWORDS: Director, Banking, Financial, SBA
DIVISION: Community Development Financial Institution
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 1
REQ NUMBER: ACC-18-00008
LOCATION: Fresno- CDFI
WORK SCHEDULE/OVERTIME REQUIRED: Full-Time Position | Mon – Fri 8:30 am to 5:00 pm